National Database and Registration Authority - NADRA was established as National Database Organization, an attached department under the Ministry of Interior, Government of Pakistan in 1998.
- NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION CARD: National Identity Cards are issued to the citizens of Pakistan. It is a blend of state-of-the-art technology and well-defined business rules to guarantee its authenticity and validity. The unique 13 digit identification number is recognized all over the country. It is the first requirement of individuals as it is mandatory for obtaining documents like driving license, NTN, bank accounts, passports and cellular connections. Every citizen of Pakistan, 18 years and above, is eligible for NIC.
- JUVENILE CARD: Juvenile Cards are issued to children under the age of 18 years. The chip-based card is distinguished from Child Registration Certificate as it is an ‘entitled document’ with multiple facilities. Child’s parents or blood relative holding a valid National Identity Card is required to be physically present for providing the biometrics.
- NATIONAL ID CARDS FOR OVERSEAS PAKISTANIS: National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis is a registration document issued to eligible citizens of Pakistan who live or have reference abroad. Any citizen of Pakistan can apply for NICOP and can travel to Pakistan without requiring a visa in case of dual nationality. Please note that Passport number is a mandatory pre-requisite in case of applying for NICOP of new born babies if they are born abroad.
- PAKISTAN ORIGIN CARD: Pakistan Origin Card provides eligible foreigners with unprecedented incentives to get back to their roots; while ensuring that the motherland remains tightly integrated with expatriates worldwide.
- CHILD REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE: Child Registration Certificate is a registration document used to register minors under the age of 18 years. It is the fundamental right of a child to get a registration certificate from the place of origin. NADRA has been able to automate and in turn facilitate the process of acquiring Child Registration Certificates. CRC is also known as B-form.
- FAMILY REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE: Family Registration Certificate is a mean of being identified with your NADRA’s record. This provides the family composition. Please note that the Family Registration Certificate helps in embassy use mostly but cannot be used for any legal requirement.
- CANCELATION CERTIFICATE: Cancellation Certificate is a registration document issued to register the termination of ID card in case of death of any citizen. Any blood relative possessing a valid NIC or NICOP, death certificate from union council and the graveyard certificate of the deceased family member, can apply for the cancellation.